Monday, August 1, 2016

No Man's Sky - Captain's Log (Blogger Edition)

Hey folks! This is Dave, here to give you guys a bit of an impromptu update. So, my good friend Matthew and I ended up purchasing a game called "No Man's Sky" by the developer Hello Games. We'll be picking up our copies together on August 9th for the midnight launch at our local Gamestop. The game itself is essentially a space exploration title with survival and discovery in mind.

Since this is one of the few times I've purchased an open world game (especially of this size and depth) I figured it would be fun to make a playthrough series of sorts on here, documenting my adventures. I'll be role-playing as Captain Valcrith Fletcher, describing in detail the adventures and peril one would face in this game as if it were happening in real-time.

I intend to get to the center of the universe (the game's main premise) on a relaxed pace. This will allow for more content to be shared with you my readers. I intend to do somewhere between 20-30 of these data entries depending upon how long it takes me to finish.

This will be something that will happen whenever I play, with videos and pictures up when I get the chance to gather my thoughts. I'm hoping that the journey we take will be an enlightening one. Please look forward to my Captain's Logs!